Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bankee Gundam Model Kit Contest 2012

Last Sunday, May 27,2012, my girlfriend and I went to The Block SM City North Edsa to witness the closing day of Bankee Gundam Model Kit Contest. Unfortunately we were late to arrive that's why I wasn't able to take a closer look at the entries of different categories. We were just able to view them from a distance because the organizers closed this certain section for judging time.


Different gundam model kits were available for interested buyers. There were also raffles and on-the-spot gundam making contest to make the event more brighter. While on the stage two modelers were discussing and teaching gunpla enthusiasts on different techniques in modeling and customizing.

participants in on-the-spot building contest

army of gundam blue frame :D
Since I didn't had a chance to take a close-up pictures of the entries, (plus my digital camera gets low batt from time to time) I just spent my time looking at the samples of different gundams mostly from Seed series. I was upset seeing that recently re-released versions of their 1/144 kits has special effect parts, which is absent when I bought them couple of years ago. Plus the re-released has more vibrant colors than before.




Customized 1/60 gundam models were also displayed in the event. I was so impressed on how they were repainted and redesigned as well. That includes 1/60 Strike gundam, 1/60 Freedom gundam, 1/60 gundam Exia, 1/100 MG Duel gundam, and mobile suits from Unicorn series like my favorite gundam Unicorn Banshee and the red comet - the Sinanju.There were also models that were included in some international gundam events that took home special awards.





The highlight of the event of course is the awarding of the winners from the different categories. There were also special gifts for 8th to 4th runners up, while the top 3 all received trophies, gundam goodeis, and cash. The 1st prize will also participate in the international gundam contest to be held in Singapore. To all the winners.....congartulations to all of you!

These and other more reasons gave me a boost to try joining in the contest next year. There's no harm in trying and it will be a great experience for me for sure ^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment